How to Setup Email Marketing.
To setup Email Marketing, you need to navigate to CRM menu CRM > Simple Email Marketing.
The first step that needs to be done is create a new template by clicking to the “+ New” option. Make sure that you have the Templates tab selected.
Information needed to create a template:
- Template Name
- From Email (Ex. Support@company.com)
- From Description (Company’s name + job title from the person sending the email)
- Replay To Email (Ex. Support@company.com)
- Message Box
***Click “Save” every time you create a template or modify existing templates***
Once created the template will be “Active” for you to use.
Create a new Job by clicking on the Jobs tab and then click on "+ New".
Fill out the new job required information.
- (“Active” referring to customers with active subscription. “Cancelled” referring to customers with cancelled subscriptions. “All” referring to both active and cancelled).
- (Referring to the site where all the contacts are coming from)
- Template (Referring to the Template previously created or if there more than one, choose the correct template to apply)
- (You will need your own custom SMTP for email marketing. You cannot use the CRM standard SMTP)
- Click “Save” once the setup is finished
Once the setup is finished you will have to click on the play button under Action to start the job.
ID: Represents the ID given by the CRM for your “Email Marketing” Campaign
Name: Represents the “Email Marketing” name.
Template: Represents the “Template” previously created and applied to your “Email Marketing” campaign.
Sites: You will be able to view the “Site” where your customers are coming from.
Customers: Represents the number of customers (Active or Cancelled) selected to get in contact with.
Sent: Represents the number of customer reached by your email.
Delivered: Represents the number of emails successfully delivered.
Bounced: Represents the number of emails that weren’t delivered successfully (This could means that the email addresses were not correctly spelled)
Opened: Represents the number of emails opened by customers.
Date Entered: Represents the date of the “Email Marketing” creation.
Active: Represents the status of your email campaign (Active with a green signal and Inactive with a red signal)
Actions: Represents the option that you have to control your email campaign. You are able to “Delete” the campaign, “Paused” the campaign and “Resume” the campaign to start sending the emails.